As you can tell in the right hand corner, I joined NaBloPoMo which means I will be blogging everyday this month. Sorry for the onslaught of meaningless words that will invade your blog list this month but I figure that it will keep me in check on completing my novel this month. NaNoWrimo, for those of you that aren't in the know, means I will write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. Today, 1711 words. After finding my inspiration, a song by Rascal Flatts, I then sat in my sun room and wrote. Nothing like getting baked by the sun in November to make you happy, right?! Granted, I probably could have written more, but I have a mountain of laundry on my bed that needs to be folded, (which I never do, but this is two weeks of laundry to fold...insanity I know) and another pillow to make for tomorrow.
You may ask, " What? Making pillows for what?" Well I was the Team Mom for Anderson's soccer team and am in charge of the team party as well as the coaches gift at the end of the season. We just happened to have 2 extra team shirts that I have made into pillows.

They have a little pocket in the back, made with the leftover fabric, to place the gift card to Red Robin. I need to make one more. Then tomorrow, after a trip to Costco to pick up the cake, we will be gorging on pizza and passing out trophies to each of our little soccer stars. Granted they don't keep score, but Anderson scored at least 3 to 4 goals each game and that is all he cares about. I'm sure it will get more competitive the older he gets.
The kids had The Great Candy Exchange while I wrote. Not only did I make out with a bundle of goodies that no one else wanted, but the kids learned how to get trade with their brothers and sisters without blood loss.
Now I have to figure out what to make for dinner that doesn't require me to think or be in the kitchen for more than 20 minutes...I know...I set my goals high!
2 comments:
Did you know that is JJ Bittner's office and he graduated from Lakeridge in my year? Just a FYI!
Actually, I know JJ very well. He is Anderson's soccer coach and his oldest son in in Kindergarten with Anderson too. He is a great guy! His wife is a sweet heart. He lives and works in Sherwood, so there isn't a week that goes by that I don't see him. Kinda strange huh? His brother is married to Kiki...something or other and she graduated I think the year before me. Cue the "It's a small world after all" music! :)
Post a Comment