I found a treasure in Newberg that just opened in the last two weeks. The Sweetest Thing If you ever have a hankering for a butter cream topped cupcake that melts softly in your mouth and a moist mouthful, then stop by this little gem. It's tucked away in a yellow 1920's bungalow with ample parking along 99W in Newberg. When you walk in, a small bell welcomes you to a glass front filled with yummy creations. Not only do they carry 4 or 5 staple cupcakes in 2 different sizes, but they also have 4 or 5 different flavors for different days of the week. So if on Friday you need a peanut butter and chocolate fix, just order their Perfect Marriage. I devoured a Pumpkin Chocolate. Not only is the food gourmet, but the atmosphere is classy and top notch. Dark stained moulding and builtin's that are period 1920 bungalow line the wall. Ample seating line large rooms to bring a family for a treat or a birthday party. They do special orders and I love that they are not open on Sunday. This is a family affair according to their website. I'm hoping they will adopt me soon!
( For those of you that had a mini cupcake on Friday with me, please comment and tell everyone the Heaven that you experienced. This is no Fred Meyer cupcake!)
No comments:
Post a Comment