Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Wonder Woman Cape Is Getting A Little Tight...


...must take a break. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly. Nothing makes me happier than feeling the wind in my hair as I blast through another super hero day. Saving souls and weddings and new homes and babysitting. Can't I do it all? I'm Super Woman aren't I?

NO! I am about ready to crash and burn. When did I wake up and realize that I could be the allusive and oh so sexy Wonder Woman? The boots are hot, and the head band is so retro, but it just isn't a good look on me. My super powers are starting to fizzle. Why you ask? Well I love to be everything to everyone. Love it! I love to save the day and save a soul and to save money and save a friend. It's my nature. Oh...and I wanted to to something for myself too. I always forget about myself. But who can do it all? Surely Wonder Woman right? Well I have come to the conclusion that Wonder Woman did not have kids nor a significant other. She was a slave to her job and serving. That is all she did. She didn't have a calling in her church, or friends to help out. So why oh why do I think that I can do it all? I blame the media...yeah that's it....the media.

Really it's my own fault. It's time to take the big red S off of my chest and reevaluate. Yes, I can blog everyday. Writing 2000 words a day in my first novel, you bet. Help with flowers for a wedding on Friday, no problem. Sounds like fun. Decorating for another wedding on Saturday, bring it. Teaching the gospel to an investigator every Sunday for 5 hours, happy to do it. Drive all my children to all their various activities, all in a days work. Babysitting for a friend who works, who doesn't want another little friend around to keep my kids occupied? Keeping up with me email, a breeze. Making gifts for everyone for Christmas, isn't that what every good mother does? Serving in my calling, doesn't everyone do this? Housework, necessary but not impossible. Laundry, we all have to be clothed don't you know? Eating, it's good especially if it's homemade and requires at least 3 pots. Putting out fires with relatives, all with the flick of the wrist. Taking care of your husband's needs, it's fun right? Helping a friend design a new home, isn't this what I went to school for? Of course I have to make time for myself like exercising and taking a Hip Hop class and having lunch with friends, I'd go insane if I didn't. Oh, and I have to go measure my own newly acquired house and pick out paint colors, isn't this what I have waited for? And don't get me started on the yard, it has to be done before it freezes. So why am I so tired? All of these things are either necessary or just plain flat out fun. These things bring me oodles of joy, so much so that it is overflowing. But I think I might just be overdoing it a tad. By the way, this is just this week.

Like I say, that cape is choking me, but man it sure is pretty.....

(sorry I don't have time to edit this one...run on sentences, fragments galore, and probably a misspelling or two...)

5 comments:

Jadie said...

Girl, it sounds like you and I need to haul off somewhere and just get plain old drunk. Just kidding! (I think...)

Emily said...

How about we go with your parents on one of their trips. I need a vacation...preferably in a place where it's sunny and I won't eat because I have to wear a bathing suit all the time.

Afton said...

That list...It took me 3 hours after reading it just to calm down enough to leave a comment.

Erika said...

Sometimes things just happen all at once don't they! It's hard when they're all good things and you don't want to turn anybody down. My hairdresser recently taught me that it's okay to say no. Sometimes you just have to for your own sanity. No need to give an explanation, just say, "I'm sorry, I'd love to but I can't!" You seem like a person who likes to go the extra mile and that's a really good quality to have. Just remember to take some time out for yourself and remember that we can't do it all. Sometimes something has just got to give! Hey, I went out to lunch last Saturday with my mom and sis's and ordered a San Pelligrino (they didn't have Perrier) and I think you got me hooked. It was really good! I love how carbonated it is, and the carbonation must trick my taste buds or something because it almost makes it taste like there's a little lemon in it or something. I love it, and I have to admit, I did feel a little cool drinking it right out of the bottle. Ü

pcerik said...

Em, you are awesome! So amazing! You have got to take a quick look at my friend's blog post entitled "I have sad news, Wonder Woman died."

http://mejaneyoucrazy.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-have-sad-newswonderwomen-died-and.html