I heart coffee. Growing up, I think I had my first cup when I was 13 or 14. When I lived with my Dad, I'd drink at least a mug every morning if not more. I love the smell and the taste. When I go down the aisle in the store with the coffee in it, I take a big wiff. I know I know, going to HELL! This is what family I happened to choose to come down to. We were coffee connoisseurs. I can tell the difference between a good french pressed cup and one that is instant..yuck, if it was roasted wrong, etc... Last cup of coffee I had was when I was 19 and caved for an iced mocha. I've repented and reformed. I steer clear of all things coffee because I know it's a hot button for me. I realize that it is just plain awful for you, lot's of tanic acid and caffeine. So I began down the long road of other breakfast beverages.
Pero is a staple in my house. Hot cocoa sometimes is just too sweet. The kids think I'm nuts. We have had a hot water dispenser in the last 3 houses we've owned and I will never not have one. It makes breakfast beverages a snap! Our new house has one as well. I also enjoy a hot cider with a little Carmel syrup and a dollop of cream with a dash of cinnamon. Herb tea is also a great choice. Can you see that I love hot drinks? They get me going in the morning when I am freezing. I can still get that "coffee" fix without going against my religious leaders or health professionals. What's weird is that $168 dollars worth of propane doesn't last a month and that its 63 degrees in my house and we have no hot water. Pero, you saved me this morning....but I think Postum was the best.
5 comments:
Pero rocks. I drink it every morning for my breakfast with a packet of Splenda (artificial junk, I know) and a shot of cream or half-n-half. Yum. So soothing. I have to agree with you about the smell of coffee-I love it too. I once had a sip of black coffee when I was younger and thought it was nasty, but I have always loved coffee ice cream. I don't eat it anymore but boy is it tempting when I'm in the freezer aisle and see a big thing of Haagan Daaz Coffee ice cream. And the other day I was going through the Wendy's drive-through and saw their lucious picture of their mocha shakes/drinks. They make it look so good and I'm sure it is. Just another temptation in this crazy world!
I hate the smell of coffee and steer clear of that isle in the store. It is funny how different people like different smells. Before Mitchell was a member he loved tea and it is something that he craves even now, 15 years later.
Hot drinks just don't do it for me, unless I'm sitting out in the freezing cold and then it's only hot chocolate or hot cider. Tea reminds me too much of my dad's seed warehouse when I was growing up. Herbal tea smells just like all the seeds and that is not at all appealing to me. I've tried it so many different ways and so many different flavors and I've never found one I could take a second sip of.
I love to take the big whiff in the breakfast aisle! Tom got into Pero on his mission. We introduced my younger sister to it, and it has kept her off of coffee also! Great stuff.
So remind me never to go to Britain with you Afton. We can find joy in a good hot cider together. Erika, love mine with a dash of cream and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
Post a Comment