Super Saturday is like the holy grail of crafts. Women gather from far and wide to make gifts and trinkets for their homes. It is a huge ordeal. This year, since I consider my calling not very labor intensive, decided to lend a hand. My craft was a 24" clock that was a huge undertaking. But I already have one, so I decided to complete this little diddy. We move so much that having a growth chart that travels instead of a door frame next to garage door makes sense. Of course, I had to kick it up a notch. Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't copy, I like to create. In that spirit, Rene was kind enough to replicate a dandelion weed with little wishes flying off to help me visualize my little weeds. The color of the paint is Grape Leaves, by Behr. And because I had a 4 step process just for the paint on the clocks, I had a little time to get this started. By the time Super Saturday was over, I had not completed this fun craft, so took it home and promptly got this done. Who needs a craft sitting around not done in the garage? From past experience, I know if I don't get it done immediately, I'll fill the time with more important things. So here's to being finished. It feels good.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Finished
Super Saturday is like the holy grail of crafts. Women gather from far and wide to make gifts and trinkets for their homes. It is a huge ordeal. This year, since I consider my calling not very labor intensive, decided to lend a hand. My craft was a 24" clock that was a huge undertaking. But I already have one, so I decided to complete this little diddy. We move so much that having a growth chart that travels instead of a door frame next to garage door makes sense. Of course, I had to kick it up a notch. Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't copy, I like to create. In that spirit, Rene was kind enough to replicate a dandelion weed with little wishes flying off to help me visualize my little weeds. The color of the paint is Grape Leaves, by Behr. And because I had a 4 step process just for the paint on the clocks, I had a little time to get this started. By the time Super Saturday was over, I had not completed this fun craft, so took it home and promptly got this done. Who needs a craft sitting around not done in the garage? From past experience, I know if I don't get it done immediately, I'll fill the time with more important things. So here's to being finished. It feels good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The last few super saturdays have yielded nothing of value for me. Except when Kelly came to do Stampin Up cards. Other than that, all the the projects were uninspiring and ....I should shut up before they make me enrichment (or whatever they are calling it now since it's not enrichment any more) leader.
Everything is great.
Love the dandelions! Way to get it done.
I love Nursery...I wanted to be in Nursery. They put me in Nursery...with my husband. And...I hated it! I'm not saying another word about callings. Right now, I have so much on my plate, that God, in his infinite wisdom, gave me something I'm good at and is super easy for me...Relief Society HFPE or Homemaking...or for crying out loud! What the HELL is it anyway? Do you sometimes feel like the church is taking a page from Prince? Are you the meeting formerly known as Homemaking? Are you a symbol HPFE? It's woman's night out as far as I'm concerned!!!
Thanks Jen. I love getting something done...it doesn't happen very often.
Emily-I love your grow chart board! What a great idea! have a great week! Jody W.
Post a Comment