Monday, November 30, 2009

The Christmas Spirit

I want to go home.  That is all I want.  But it's complicated.  Evidently, you have to be completely sinless to live with Father.  Try as I might, I cannot live a sinless life.  All is lost....  I can never measure up.  None of us can.
My big brother wants us home too.  He loves me more than I can imagine.  He loves all of his brothers and sisters the same.  He wants us all back.  So he came down and lived a sinless life and then paid for all of our sins, sicknesses, heartaches, and deprivations.  He paid that price....  So when I think of that beautiful tree sparkling in the corner or when my children tear open a gift, I think of the stars that I will look upon with my Father someday and the many gifts that He has given me throughout my life.   Because all I want....really...is to go back home.  Sometimes, for a split second, I can remember...what it felt like and that is what carries me through and makes me cry when I hear a Christmas song.  I love my Brother dearly.  He deserves to be praised everyday.  I cannot wait to go home again and see Him and all my loved ones....

1 comment:

Jadie said...

That's beautiful, Em.