Wednesday, November 25, 2009
When The Kids Are Home...
I'm going to Goodwill (thrift store) to scout for treasures to make things with, finish my Christmas shopping and hopefully find a few bike seats ( our puppy chewed all of them up last year.) After looking at the budget, and paying for an unexpected $850 expense, things are tight. Instead of new bikes, we are refurbishing the old ones. They are still getting a good Christmas, but instead of new bikes, we are giving them cheaper things...Actually, I am giving a patch kit and some new seats to Christian and he can fix them all and it will be his gift to his brothers and sisters. I know ingenius right? My children will stay home and clean their rooms, and play on the wii for untold hours of pleasure. Tonight, after I have finished making my aprons, I will prepare a ham the old fashioned way and figure out what we are doing for Thanksgiving. It's a small affair this year, just our family. So I am not going all out. Friday, we are having friends over for Pie Night and games. Happy Holidays everyone! (This is the apron that I made out of pillowcases I found at Value Village. My husband is modeling it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ok, I am back, the house is dirty, but everything is purchased except for Christian's guitar...which my brother is searching for on craigslist. You would be amazed at the line at Value Village!
Post a Comment