Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am Thankful

It seems as if everyone on facebook is sharing what they are thankful for this month, so I thought I would compile my list in one fell swoop instead of a long drawn out measure:


  1. I am thankful for my washing machine.  If I didn't have one, I'd be a slave to clothing.  No wonder why women died so young!
  2. I am thankful for being a mother.  Not only has it taught me true unconditional love, but is a living reminder that I have a father that loves me just as much as I do my kids and would sacrifice anything for my lasting happiness.
  3. I am thankful for Oregon.  I love that I can put a seed in this fertile earth and it grows easily.  That people are warm and welcoming and a little weird.  Oregon is the land of whatever floats your boat just as long as you don't mess with the enviornment.
  4. I am thankful for friends.  I fully believe that I knew you before we came to this earth. You have been a boon to me and carried me through.
  5. I am thankful for my town.  This town is a true community and I am honored that I get to raise my children here.  Although you put your Christmas lights up too early, I'll forgive you because it is just so beautiful to drive in old town and see all the trees lit up.
  6. I am thankful for volunteers who spend their time coaching my kids, teaching them in church, putting together events so that all my enjoy the many different opportunties that life affords.
  7. I am thankful for my congregation/ward.  They are amazing examples of how to do it right and have welcomed our family with open arms.
  8. I am thankful for my creativity.  Not only has it gotten us out of tight spots, but been a godsend when the ship was sinking.
  9. I am thankful for my book smarts.  I realize that not everyone has the ability to remember and learn easily and I feel blessed that I crave to know more.
  10. I am thankful for all the little fingerprints on my windows.  It means that my kids are able to be kids and not grow up too quickly.
  11. I am thankful that my 3 year old is finally talking.  I really didn't want to do speech therapy again.
  12. I am thankful for forgiveness in all it's many forms, wether receiving it or giving it.  It heals the soul.
  13. I am thankful for the opportunity that we have had to live in the country.  It has expanded my learning and given me great peace and joy.   I feel empowered that I know how to prune a fruit tree and survive off of the land.
  14. I am thankful for music.  I start and end the day with music that speaks to my soul.  It might be Missy Elliot one day and Rascal Flatts the next, but it is always there to guide and inspire me.
  15. I am thankful for technology.  It is an amazing thing to have billions of books of information at my fingertips through the internet.  I can find a recipe, a person, a picture, an article with a simple search.
  16. I am thankful for my desire to cook healthy and creative meals for my family.  Growing up, I never knew that joy, but as I have been able to provide this for my family, I understand the joy it brings into my life.
  17. I am thankful for my body.  It might be bigger than I want it, but it works and does it well.  I am strong, healthy and have all of my wits about me.
  18. I am thankful for my children's teachers and the fact they truely want my kids to succeed. 
  19. I am thankful for my calling.  Not only do I get to be creative and hang out with women all the time, but it is an easy calling for me and right now, I can't handle a growing experience.
  20. I am thankful for the chance to own my own home again.  I can't tell you how excited I am to crack open a can of paint and hang some wallpaper (yes wallpaper...for all you fear mongers, wallpaper is not hard to hang and it is so in right now.)
  21. I am thankful for my spiritual gifts.  They have brought me great joy in the last few months.  When I fully use them, my life amazes me.  
  22. I am thankful for facebook.  Don't laugh!  I am a very social person and for a year, I barely got to talk to people.  So it has been a great way to keep in touch with people and find old friends.  No, I don't do the games or stuff like that, just talk to my friends.  Also, it's free.  I can talk to all my friends around the globe for free!
  23. I am thankful for gardening.  Getting your hands in the dirt connects you to the earth.  And I know that sounds so hippy but it really does.  I love to get dirty and reap the benefits of hard work.
  24. I am thankful to be married to a man that has drive and determination.  He is the hardest worker I know and always sees the bright side of things.
  25. I am thankful for my Uggs.  They were a gift last year and I wear them almost every day during the winter.  They keep my notoriously cold feet, warm.
  26. I am thankful for blogging.  Yes, I am the kind of person who has to vent.  It helps me to deal with everyday life and I enjoy knowing that I am not the only person out there who has something to say.
  27. I am thankful for my chickens.  They have taught my children hard work, love, and the benefits of growing your own food.  My eggs taste better, because the chickens are loved.
  28. I am thankful for craft stores.  It's like drugs, I tell you.  Who knew?  I wasn't a crafty kid or young adult.  I could sew and that was about it.  Now, there is nothing I wont try at least once...
  29. I am thankful for love.  Really, it is the only thing that never can die.  It has saved our souls, heals our hearts, gives us joy, and carries us through.
  30. I am thankful to live in this country.  I am too stubborn to not have a voice, and to have the freedoms that I get because I live in the USA.  I might not agree with most of my friends, but I am grateful that we all have a voice to share our opinions.  

3 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks for being so "thankful" and sharing them. It made me stop for a moment and think that I too have so much and forget to thank the Lord from which all good things come from. You are GREAT! I love reading your thoughts each day. Hugs

Erika said...

Amen, amen, amen! I especially appreciate #1 too--I can't imagine life without it, thanks for pointing that out as it's not normally something I think of to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope you have some time to put your feet up and relax with your family Ü.

K kid said...

Your comment about Oregon made me laugh out loud: "Oregon is the land of whatever floats your boat just as long as you don't mess with the enviornment." It's so true! But I love that about Oregon too.