I am going to finish this goal if it kills me. My house exploded all around me today as gluttony has set in. Did I leave my bed before 2 in the afternoon? No. Did I eat mega amounts of chocolate? Yes. No weight watching today. I'm tired and still sick. Personally, I'll take 2 to 4 good days of being feverish and nausea over 1 to 2 weeks of a cold. It is draining and I hate it. Especially during the last week of November. No fair!
This year, I have totally gotten into the Christmas spirit. Last year, I forced myself to put up decorations. We had a barn party so technically had a real tree outside, but I didn't cut it or decorate it, so...this year for the first time in our married life, we have a real Christmas tree. It is a gorgeous Noble and hasn't been trimmed, so it looks a little wild. The smell is devine, what I can smell of it with this nasty cold, and is an amazing silvery green color. So how to decorate my real Oregon tree? With big retro clear bulbs (that my husband fears will induce flames) and finger knitted yarn garland and white crocheted snow flakes. I am going blue and green and silver this year with a little champagne gold thrown in for good measure. It's a direct departure from my muted burgandy, green and gold. I have a thing for matchy matchy trees. In our house in Utah, I had the decked out tree and the kids tree. This year, we are just doing the decorator in me tree. We are making salt dough sugar cookies shaped like snowflakes and iced with crystal colored sugar. I made pipe cleaner snowflakes with glass beads. Madeline decoupaged some clear bulbs with glass mini beads in blue and green. Our skirt is unbleached muslin. It is very unconventional color scheme, but it screams me and I had to do it. When it's all done, (hopefully in the next 2 or 3 days) I will post a photo. I made it all with a budget of $25 and some already acquired craft supplies and fabric. Who wants all my red decorations? Anyone?
2 comments:
Craigslist your decorations...quick! I can't wait to see the picture. I bet it will be beautiful. For years my tree skirt was a sheet, then I finally bought a 75% off skirt at JoAnn's after Christmas one year. It's cheesy but does the job.
p.s. I have loved being able to read the results of your nanoblogpo.
So I definitely want to see that photo now--it all sounds beee-U-tiful!
Post a Comment