Some days you have the best of intentions. Then life happens. It just so happens that yesterday, I was all geared up to go to the YMCA for an intense hour long workout while my son was at his last football practice. But then life through a curve ball at me. You know you want to pretend that the speeding object in front of you is really just dust and it wont hurt at all. Until you look in the mirror at the shiner left in it's wake.
I have a shiner...a 2500 dollar shiner. The miracle van is turning into a money pit. So as I tried to get my "new" vehicle out of the driveway yesterday I was hit with that curve ball. I managed to make it down the mountain to the shop after dropping off my kid at his practice. Of course they don't do Volkswagens, and how dare I buy one because they suck.
Now I know that the transmission is caput the brakes need changing, and it will cost as much to fix as going and buying another 2500 dollar vehicle. See, we can't buy anything more expensive because the bankruptcy attorney can turn around and take it.
Luckily, with my husband's new promotion, they are giving him a company car. I'm praying that day comes sooner than later. (preferably before they come take the Tahoe away which likely is anyday)
Anyway, I know most of you write about all your nice and wonderful lives and happy happy joy joy experiences, but I like to write about my real tortures and how I make it through. I'm like the dude in the book of Mormon that bemoans how wretched it is. Never been one to be all happy happy joy joy, like my husband who always sees his glass half full. I'm the kind of girl who is just out there begging for a cup...
4 comments:
So sorry about your van. You know, that's why I love reading your blog because you're REAL.
I second what Erika said. I have a friend who only blogs about the wonderful and I can hardly stand to read it. I need real life. I need cakes that fall and kids that fart and cars that fail. That is what life is about...getting through the hard stuff. Hunkering down in her testimony barge that is tight like a dish and letting the Lord create the storms and tempests that will blow us to the promised land.
Hard stuff sucks though. Sorry you seem to be heaped with it so much lately.
Thanks ladies...I'm in my barge but luckily, I have a stone that's lit...
Thanks for writing a blog that is honest. I like blogs that are real about lives that aren't perfect. It makes me feel like my very normal life with all of its bumps is not so strange after all.
That said, having a car die stinks. I grew up with junky cars that always needed fixing and often left us stranded. Ain't no fun...
Post a Comment