Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Bought a Brain Today

Am I the only mother in the world who struggles with short term memory loss? I know I am not alone! Since when is it my job to keep everyone in check when it comes to homework folders, sports and dance practices, appointments for various things and do it all in my brain? Before kids, I could keep volumes of info stored in my head and never wrote anything down, from phone numbers to directions. Now there is some sort of delay button that has been switched to the permanent ON position. Never do I forget to do something, honestly. It just so happens that I remember late...like hours or days late. In a moment of clarity, while basking in the glow of Target's aisles, I happened upon a white board that was sectioned with days of the week and a list on one side.
Never again will I hear the excuse, you never told me about that. Or I thought that was next week...NO! Mama's brain will now be hanging on the wall for everyone to see. Stop asking me...go look at the board!

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

We have three of them in our home due to different things for the business and such. They work wonders as long as you keep up on them.

Afton said...

I know this won't happen to you, but I used to have a dry erase calendar I kept on my fridge. I got it from costco and each week was a separate strip and you could move the top week down to the bottom once it was over so you always had month at a glance. Then one day Isaac (he was very young at the time) pulled a chair up to the fridge when I wasn't looking and erased the whole thing with his sleeve. I had no idea what we were supposed to do for a month. then I got a large calendar that usually sits on a desktop. I put strips of magnets on the back and stuck it on my fridge and filled it out with sharpie markers; each kid has their own color. I only run into trouble when I forget to look at it, which I often have to do multiple times a day.