So I still have to write a little over 1000 words tonight, but first the news....are you ready? Just be patient. It's coming... So today I was bemoaning my life. This wasn't normal bemoaning. This was at the end of my rope and just throwing my hands up in the air and saying " To Hell With It!" kind of bemoaning. If your still not clear, it was 2 1/2 years worth of I give up. I'd had it. Reached the end of my patience with just letting life happen to me. I was going to do it my way, and was sick of waiting around for God to get his act in gear. Come Hell or High Water, something was about to change. And in that moment, I received a direct order from God (think vacuum canister, sent from the bank to the drive thru in a sucking motion, kind of order.) Ok, so little me, followed the order and made a call. I knew, even before I made this call, what was going to happen. It came to me.
So it is the end of a very long day with the end result being that I think we just found a house. This means moving during the holidays. But this also means it will be our house and I can paint it and I can live in it for years and have my rocker on my front porch and my kids can ride their bikes to school. BIG STINKIN FREAKIN NEWS!!!!! Even though we are going through a bankruptcy, even though we signed a lease, even though that means giving up the country life...I could very well have a house and papers signed within days...PEOPLE! It's not a fancy house. It's not a big house. But it's perfect for us for years to come. Best of all, it's still in Sherwood, same school, same ward.
What I realized is, is that I had choices and I better make them. The minute I did, God pointed me in a completely different direction, but the point is I had the guts to make those choices. And he finally gave me the reward I had longed for even though the choices I was making were not the right ones...he showed me the right one, and then blessed me for having the guts to choose...humbled....
Go ahead and cry with me if you want...I think I just might be doing it for days...
6 comments:
Emily!! That is great news! I'm also very happy about same school/same ward deal-i-o.
I'm so excited for you. That's wonderful. I'm sure it will be such a great feeling to have a place that you can call home on a permanent basis (unlike us).
Yay! I was wondering what that facebook post was about so I'm glad you cleared things up here. I only wish you were moving back this way. Every time I pass Dick Road I wonder why I didn't get together with you while you were here. Before I knew where it was, I always pictured you living up the road from the Rolloff's. (Might as well be Italy, right?)
Exciting news!!! So where is this house located? I am glad you will be in our ward still!!!
That is fantastic news! Something about having a house makes life feel more settled. I'm so glad you won't be moving out of the ward!
I am moving into Carolee's place...buying it. We wont be moving until Jan 1st. It is deceivingly big. 5 bedrooms upstairs! I just can't wait to paint! I think I'm addicted to home improvement. Went to Home Depot today to get supplies for Super Saturday, and I just had to take a deep breath and soak in the smell of plywood and vinyl pipe!
Post a Comment