Friday, November 19, 2010

What Husbands Do


10. He calls the landlord and tells them not to come and fix the lights, winterize, check the roof, so his wife cannot freak out the day before when she is obviously on her death bed and can't even THINK about cleaning the house.

9. The house smells. He is like a blood hound. He determines that it is coming from one of the children's rooms. He goes to inspect and an hour later, the room is clean. Bless that man!

8. He took the garbage out...at midnight...after Madeline texted him to remind him that it was coming at 5am. (She is my internal calendar that kid) Not only was it raining and cold, but the dog took off. He spent a half an hour in his pajamas chasing after the dog. When he forgets to put the garbage out, he stealthily pulls our garbage out of our can and runs to the other streets to deposit them in less than full cans that the garbage man hasn't picked up yet. This one makes me laugh out LOUD!

7. The dishes are done almost nightly. The most attractive quality in a man is dishpan hands.

6. He loves to maul me. I mean, like a teenage boy! Evidently the 70+ women/girls he's kissed wasn't enough cause he is still going strong.

5. He is letting me buy my own Christmas presents this year. He always wants to surprise me, but I really hate surprises. Besides, I get stuff I want at cheaper prices than his wild dash 2 days before Christmas. This year, no clothes. I've been shrinking and I really don't want to buy any clothes until I get down a couple more sizes. He buys me clothes. He has good taste. I just don't need any right now.

4. He gets no sleep in order to spend more time with me. Any man that will get up at 4am just so he can spend time at night with his wife is a ROCKSTAR! I cherish that 2 hours at night when all the kids are asleep and it's just him and me. No work.

3. He has learned to tame the beast in one of our children. I can't handle this certain child's whine and he is able to redirect it. God Bless You. I would have killed her by now....(she is just as stubborn as me...)

2. He tolerates my cold feet on his legs. He shares his covers on occasion. And he puts up with my upgraded "boyfriend" that is a full body pillow now.

1. He doesn't yell anymore. Yeah!!! I am not kidding. I can literally see himself catch it before it comes out of his mouth. So he might not be completely perfect yet, but it's been over 2 months and not a peep. I think he must really love me. What do you think?

2 comments:

Afton said...

Awww. Time for my insulin shot now. :)
Seriously, this is a wonderful post. I've told Robert he may not be perfect, but he is perfect for me.

Emily said...

Guess what my husband's love language is?!? I think there is a very distinct possibility that he fell in love with my words before he fell in love with me....in fact I'm positive on that one!