Yep, these beauties are like love in a bottle. They only come out on special occasions and must not be touched! I repeat....Step away from the PEARS! In my humble opinion, these fruits are the hardest to can. You have to painstakingly peel them by hand so every bottle is rationed in our house. I even hide them in a cupboard than no one ever goes into.
My neighbor fixed a door for me the other day and in return for his helpfulness, I gave him a can of peaches. He was astonished because he didn't realize that anyone still canned. To which I replied, Yes...I Can!
2 comments:
I so want to learn how to can! Will you teach me next year?! :-) It was great seeing you last night and now I have been catching up on your blog! I love getting a glimpse into your brain. You rock, Em!
I love canning. My OCD dream was to use up every single jar I owned for canning. The problem is that I'm constantly using my canned food, so I keep emptying jars. The pears are beautiful, and I agree: step away from the pears!
Post a Comment