Thursday, November 18, 2010
Beet It...Beet It...
I just can't stand it...being sick. I have no idea what it means to just chill. Ok, that is not true. I chill plenty (you should see my house right now...YIKES!). But when food needs to be canned, it needs to be canned! So after a gracious day (really it was a great day filled with all things spiritual and comforting), I drove to the other side of town and helped my step-mom can beets. You heard me right folks, beets. These bad boys had to be coconut sized. 50lbs of beets canned and I did it all while I was sick. What can I say? Well if you tasted their sweet goodness, you'd understand. What exactly am I doing with this interesting vegetable? Well I'm putting them in smoothies because they are sweet and mixed with strawberries no one will know! I'm a sneaky mom...all that calcium, iron, potassium and anti-oxidants will just casually start appearing in our menu and no one will even know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment