Thursday, November 11, 2010

When I Need Meat...

5001986_product  This lady is quite the amazing bible scholar.  I find her writings to be especially thought provoking.  I am not the kind of reader that loves a light book.  This book gives me the meat I need to chew on.  White bread and honey might be easy to digest but it leaves you hungry for more in just a short time.  This kind of read sustains you, fills up your stores of knowledge for long periods of time.  I have found that the classes I am taking right now are quite....easy.  I already know 99% of what is being taught.  I am not finding intellectual stimulation in the least bit.  So this is how I exercise my brain.

Here's a quote or two to stimulate those of you who need a little meat now and then...


" When we covenant with the Lord Jesus Christ, we become passengers on a plan that moves steadily toward it's destiny in the celestial kingdom, with all the sights, sensations, relationships, and experiences particularly selected for our personal.most effective use of this preparatory period.  Elder Richard G. Scott said: "H would have you suffer no consequence, no challenge, endure no burden that is superfluous to your good. "  We may know then for ourselves that what is coming in our individual futures is benign in its design if we will pay attention to the lesson it means to impart while we are faithful to the Lord. " pg 16

" God will "wake us" if we need to be wakened; God will bring to our attention that which it is necessary for us to know when we need to know it.  He may also withhold certain information so as to precipitate a situation which is pregnant with learning possibilities for us.  The right orchestration, the right timing for events, even sad ones, is part of the covenant promise..." pg 15

"When a woman accepts in spirit who she was in the premortal world, her beauty of spirit, her valiance, her power, her passion, her great love; and when she accepts who she is destined to become; and when she acknowledges that that gifted, premortal woman is present now in the mortal woman and is seeking expression now in the mortal probation, she will know that she does not have to accept behaviors meant to demean her nor act in self-demeaning ways.  Rather she can honor her inner divinity and step forth in her God given power and birthright to bring to pass much beauty and holiness, and thereby fulfill her own unique earthly mission." pg 164

Anyone that can use the word pregnant like she did, just has my upmost respect...such great imagery in this book while dealing with deep subject matter...

No comments: