Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter Movie Review

It was sad. It took a boring part of the book and made this part of the Harry Potter series the most human of the movies. You could really understand relationships and the depth of despair. It was so much better than #6. You can tell the story is winding down because all the pieces are falling into place. And it gets bad. But doesn't life always get bad just right before the light? I will watch this movie again when it comes out on DVD. I didn't find the "skin" scene to be that scandalous, but I also have a picture in my bedroom that is of a lady in a see-through dress, so it didn't bother me. I don't know if children will like this movie, but if you were a teenager when the films first came out, you will love this movie. Again....it was sad....be prepared. It was gritty, dirty, and heartbreaking but also inspiring. Hope you go see this movie soon.

3 comments:

Afton said...

I am looking forward to seeing it. I think it's amazing to see how the characters have literally grown and developed over the series. I too have heard the skin scene was not a huge focus. I still want to see it first without Ethan though.

Jadie said...

My kids LOVED it, FWIW!!

Emily said...

I don't think it is action packed enough for my kids...although, they are not Harry Potter fans. Sad but true. Not one of them has read the books although we own them. If they want to go, I'll take them. I thought it was the best one out of the last 3. Granted I've read this last book 3 times....The skin thing was more animation to me...I don't know, what did you think Jadie?