Friday, November 26, 2010

Freezing My Butt off Along With Laughing My Butt Off


Movies and my family go hand in hand.  We all worked really hard today to make this house shine and as a reward/tradition, we were going to take the whole family out for a movie.  This is something that is so expensive when you have a basketball team worth of kids.  Well, our trusty Movies on 99W was playing MegaMind or Secretariat.   Well, after the slave driving I have been doing, I let the children choose....MegaMind it was.  Piling into the car, the children all sang the 50 Nifty United States in round until Patrick and I were about to stick knives in our ears, but we made it in 40 mins.  
The reason why we go to 99W is because it is cheap.  The snacks are half the price of Regal Cinemas and the admission is less than half the price. But....I think the way they keep the prices so low is because they do not HEAT the theater!  When we were leaving the house, Brighten had a meltdown because she couldn't find a coat.  Patrick, being the almost native Alaskan, thought a coat wasn't necessary.  Well I insisted that everyone had a coat.  As I sat shivering, waiting for the movie to start, I reminded Patrick that sometimes he needs to listen to me.  I usually have really great reasons for the things I insist upon.
The movie was great!  I would watch it again.  Why?  Well the soundtrack was worth it alone.  AC/DC and Guns and Roses provided for a fun backdrop of good vs evil gone awry.  The writing was witty and I actually laughed out loud several times.  This is a fun movie...just don't go see it at 99W unless you wear moon boots, gloves, a fur lined hat, and a parka.  The savings of $5 a person might not be worth the cold butt.

No comments: