
What is the Mount Everest of Motherhood?
After scouring the Internet, I have finally conquered my Everest!
#1. I have the kids bring there dirty laundry in and separate it into three bins.
#2. Whites, colors, and darks are clearly labeled and all but the youngest kid can figure it out. These are laminated to last. I used to have white bins but when the handles finally broke off, I began to color coordinate....
#3. See that nifty window in my Laundry, well it doubles as a mirror at night where I can practice my latest dance move while folding the laundry hot out of the dryer...how is this possible you may ask? (Yes, that valance is hung with clothespins I painted green!)
#4. Well just above the 3 sorting bins is 8 smaller green bins that are arranged from oldest to youngest and one for socks. Once the clothes are folded, they go straight into the corresponding bin.
#5. When a bin gets full, said child or spouse, puts their clothes away and brings back the green bin or else I may inflict pain.
#6. Why all this craziness? Well my laundry room is also right off of the garage and it doubles as a mud room. See my children's coats and helmets? Well if I didn't organize it, I wouldn't be able to get to the freezer!
#7. Of course it also helps if you decorate it with cute little trinkets like these knobs I found pre distressed. I don't mind laundry so much anymore, because if I don't get it done in a day, it doesn't matter. All the clothes are neatly organized and I have finally conquered the Everest of Motherhood!
1 comment:
I like your system. I need to figure out how to better organize my laundry room. It's small, not much room for baskets or anything. I love the green and clever clothespin idea!!
Post a Comment