Sunday, November 28, 2010

What I Can Give Up And Still Be Just Peachy

1. For 2 weeks, I can give up laundry.  You'd be amazed at how many times you can wear the same clothes when you don't have a little baby slobbering all over it.
2. I can give up making my bed.  I can go a month and not tuck a sheet in.  Nope...I hate making the bed.  I practically have lived in it the last 2 weeks, so I think I might need to change the sheets...gross!
3. I haven't even attempted to clean the Fridge in the last month.  Something must be done...PRONTO!  There are things growing in the tupperware and although it doesn't stink, I can tell it's almost there.
4. I haven't washed the car in two months...shocking!  I know...my little plan of always having a grey or brown car is working...
5. I can go 5 days without a phone.  I really am not much of a phone person.  I use it for the apps mostly and to check email.  But otherwise, I could do without verbal communication.  Sorry people.  I let my phone die and only charge it occasionally.  I'm more of an emailer....is that a word yet?
6. I don't have to have a big bathtub to be happy.  Having a bathtub, even a small one, does the job and since I am shrinking, it's not that confining.
7. I could be completely fine without going grocery shopping.  In fact, the more I think about it...I might just have to give it up as my new years resolution.  With the invention of the Internet and places like Organic to You, it seems fruitless to step into a store.
8. I could totally forgo a movie player in my car.  We have one.  It never gets used...ever.  I don't know why, but now my kids love to sing songs instead.  They just don't need the distraction.  Fine by me.
9. I could never go on a big vacation and still be fine.  I don't like planning, packing, tending, mapping, itinerary, or doing all the laundry and unpacking after.  Maybe this will be different after the kids are out of the house, but for now, I can live without vacations.  My husband cannot....bummer.
10. And last but not least, I could live without ever stepping foot in a mall.  I haven't been in a very long time.  If I needed something from a "mall store" I'd just buy it online.  It's not that I hate shopping, I just don't like clothes shopping.  Stick me in a little holiday bazaar and I'd go nuts I tell you NUTS!  So I don't go because I really don't need to spend money on things.  This year, I purchased 90% of our gifts through the Internet or I made them.

There you go.  What is expendable to you?

2 comments:

Afton said...

I could definitely give up the big tub as long as the small one had somewhere to rest my head. Our last small tub didn't even have a ledge, it just went straight into a wall and that didn't work at all.

I have a pay as you go phone that only costs me about $10 a month and I rarely use it. But I don't think I could give it up because it's so nice to have when I need it. Apps? What are apps? I don't even have a camera in my phone.

I can't give up waking the kids and getting them to school. So I need to stop making this list and do that now.

Emily said...

Thanks for the laugh Afton! I have a ledge on my bathtub that I can rest my head. I'd love it to be a tad sloped at the back, but I can live with it. As long as the water is scalding, that is all I care about. And before I had an iPhone, I NEVER used a cell phone. I'd always loose it. When I was sick, Christian made lunches in the morning and I didn't even get out of bed in the morning! Love having older kids. It makes parenting just a tad bit less physically taxing.