Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Official...Christmas Has Begun


Cabbage and Beef Stew is simmering on the stove.  Cornbread is going in the oven after I finish this post.  I spent the morning in bed watching movies with my man.  The kids are busy creating things and playing rock band.  Such a lazy day (well in between I am preparing my lesson for church tomorrow).  We did get something accomplished though...we cut down our Christmas tree.  After having a fake tree for 7 years, we decided on a real one last year.  Someone gave us a real tree for free last year and we scoured our Christmas boxes and found lights.  This year, we had to search close to our home.  I didn't want to drive all the way out to Newberg/Sherwood to find a tree and I definitely wasn't going to pay 6.95 a foot at Lee's Farms (What a rip off!!) 
 So we drove through the little town of Willamette and conjured up a beautiful noble for $25.  It's a gorgeous color with a tad bit of blue to it, and it was a mere 15 minutes from our home.  My husband and Christian cut the beauty down with the help of the reciprocating saw.  Now, our family room smells like Christmas.
   



Tomorrow, while we snack on ham and left-over stuffing, we will be decorating our tree.

1 comment:

Afton said...

I love noble firs. My favorite tree. The last real was a scotch pine and I hated it. I was so mad at that tree all december because it was ugly and because it wasn't a beautiful noble. And then we found out the tree stand had been leaking for 3 weeks while we faithfully filled it up every day and we had to pay $700 to repair the floor. If it had been a noble fir, I might have forgiven it and not gotten a fake.