Well since my diagnosis with Celiac, I have had to let go of yet another beverage. No Pero for me anymore. My kids are living off of cocoa, apple cider, and non-dairy cocoa. All of those drinks are far too sweet for me. So I have become a lover of tea. It's in my blood. My great grandmother came over from Britain when she was 19. She was a hat maker (millinery). Maybe that is why I have an obsession with Jane Austen and all British movies. Anyway, I have started drinking copious amounts of tea. I enjoy a little honey to take the bite off, but I can drink it straight too. Chamomile is a favorite for night. I have a detox tea, a fasting peach tea, a red zinger, a non caffeinated chai, a vanilla, and lemon. My daughters have become quite the tea drinkers as well. They favor berry flavors and licorice mint. So my only problem with my new beverage is all these little wet bags of spice. I just happened upon this little crazy invention that has changed my beverage drinking for the better. It's the Aladdin Tea infuser. I love this! It has a mesh basket that holds the bag and drops into the water. When your finished steeping, you just lift a lever and it stores it away until you are done drinking your tea. It's fabulous! If I was Oprah, I would totally put this on my list of favorite things. I'd even give it away to all my favorite people. Don't all go rush out an buy one, but if you are into tea, this might be a perfect stocking stuffer for yourself or someone you love. It's not under $5, but it's sure made my life easier without the need for a plate and a little wet bag laying around.
1 comment:
Dahling, thank you ever so much for the brilliant tip--how perfectly clever!
(From one anglophile to another!)
Cheerio!
Post a Comment