Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time Out For Women

I am clearly a deprived Mormon Woman. I have never been to EFY (although I did save up money to go by babysitting two boys with ADD all year!!! Then, no one wanted to go from my ward because they all went the year before...THANKS!). I have never attended Education Week or Women's Week at BYU. Not knowing what exactly I was missing out on, I casually accepted a free ticket to attend TOFW. Now that I have attended a mass exodus of women all in love with Kenneth Cope and loving that he calls everyone "babies", I have arrived into true Mormon Mommyhood. I loved all the talks and was spiritually fed. But more importantly, I was reminded that there are women all around me going through the same things I am. We all laughed together and cried together. We all swooned over the "Spiritually Bipolar" Redneck Mormon group. And I got a free bag out of it! Thanks Stace for sharing your addiction of bags with me!
Patrick, bless his heart, took care of the brood for me so I could have some time to myself. He had fun cooking with the kids. He always has something fun for them to do. I just make them work their hineys off, and he makes them work, but has this uncanny knack for making it fun that mommy does not have.

On a side note...Last night the bishop of my ward gave me the go ahead to start a blog for the YW. I took 150 pictures last night at the Daddy Daughter Dance. I couldn't help but remember my own daddy daughter dance and sharing Bishop Neilson. It was a fifties theme and no comments on the legs please. It was the late 80's and I was in love with mini skirts K? What can I say...you work with what God gave you!! Sorry the Picture is so bad but it's a polaroid and a picture of a picture!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I've always wanted to go to a Time Out For Women. I'm glad you had a good time. Nice pic, by the way! Good ole 80s and 90s!! You gotta love the acid wash jeans!

Rachel said...

Man, I wish I could get a good look of that picture so that I could make an obnoxious comment, but for now I'll just say that I'm glad you were able to endure Kenneth Cope and have a good time at TOFW. It sounds like you deserved it!