Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference

I was hungry today...for spiritual strength. I found it in Dieter Uchtdorf's Talk. There is hope through Jesus Christ, not only to survive and thrive in this time that we are called to pass through...( me...I've needed hope to get through these months of trial and tribulation), but also in our glorious future that awaits us. That man is a man of God! His talk to the Relief Society on Creativity and Compassion was amazing. I must admit that I have a soft spot for this man. My favorite companion on my mission is his daughter-in law. And in the middle of all this spiritual uplift, my husband is printing out his notes on the Book of Mormon to give to the Jehovah's Witnesses who are at our door this very minute...way to be a missionary Honey!

My visual reminder of hope...

When we first moved to this home, the strawberry plants were weak and small. Strawberry season was in full swing and I had not one fruit. With careful watering and weeding and a hope that maybe I could revive them, I have reaped the reward. These are huge unblemished strawberries. This is my visual reminder, that there is always hope. And in a little while, with faith and love, I will be rewarded...infinitely!

PS..anyone want to go to Rome when the temple is dedicated? Patrick will probably have to drug me to cross the ocean, ( I have a phobia of deep water that I can't see through.) I have never been farther that Navoo Illinois. So much for world travel... Congrats to anyone that has a new temple coming there way! That is fabulous!

PPS...principle of compensation...Amazing Elder Wirthlin, and Angels by Holland, made me weep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, thanks for your great posts. You inspire and motivate me. I'm trying to decide if i can actually get myself to begin my own blog. Scary. It is a committment to myself. love you dinner site too. That one intrigues me too. (sorry for the anonymous--can't remember my PW:()Go Em! Love ya, SueMom

Erika said...

So beautiful. What would we do without hope? I couldn't survive without it.