
( Look, someone actually took a picture of me!)
Today, I worked so hard at church. Being a Secretary to a Young Women's Organization of 45 is quite the undertaking sometimes. So I didn't get to even listen to the talks today, I was too busy out in the foyer making flyer's. Then, during Sunday school, we had an impromptu YW Presidency meeting which invariably happens almost every Sunday. Five Birthday cards had to be signed, an agenda had to be filled out, handouts had to be distributed, etc... When we finally went into YW's, I was a little scatter brained. Pulled it off though...of course. It's me! As we were starting, my lovely 2 year old had to be brought to me. He has been kicked out of nursery twice now! This kid is cranky! I found him asleep underneath his sister's bed this morning. I can only imagine what kind of night he had and how much sleep actually occurred. So Mama fed the baby and laid down with him. It took all of 2 minutes for him to be absolutely out! He was out for 4 hours! All the kids went outside with Patrick and made a rain shelter for the Goats.

And what did I do? I was lazy and just laid on the couch listening to music, dreaming of the future and soaking up the gorgeous fall sun. The Pacific Northwest is like living in paradise! Having a moment to yourself to reflect doesn't happen very often as so many of you can attest. My daughter even made dinner tonight. I love Sundays!
4 comments:
How fun to see the pictures and hear about your day. We miss you all. Love ya, Mom
I can't believe how big all of your kids are getting. You guys look so happy there and we are so happy for you. Evan is precious. And isn't it true that 2 year olds do speak their own language that only mama can understand? Like Thomas's "I ont komas cain" Which means "I want Thomas the Train"!!! Not quite the linguist that his sister was but he's so damn cute that I don't care:) And by the way, you are freakin Martha Stewart yourself, so you don't need to fly me out there when you get rich and have parties, BUT I would so do it!
So, yeah I forget sometimes that I kinda am like Martha Stewart a little bit! But seriously, I have to help put my brothers wedding together and I am excited but I want to make it memorable. He is doing a woodsy theme...
I love hearing about your life in Oregon! It sounds beautiful. I love how you found your son sleeping under your daughter's bed! How cute! I'm glad you had some time to relax and meditate. And I admire the secretary of any organization--their load is often heavier than others in the presidency, and secretaries are just so vital! So it sounds like you're doing a great job! And way to go with your daughter making dinner--one of the bonuses of having your children grow older. Oh, and the "woodsy" wedding sounds fabulous--you'll have to post pictures!
Post a Comment