This little diddy has character and I am sure will be appreciated by the recipient and I had fun making it. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to just try. Life isn't perfect and your creations aren't either. None of my lines are straight, it's a little too big, I should have ran the strips vertical instead of horizontal, but it is still beautiful...and made with love, the most important thing.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Scraps
I have great intentions. And in my brain, I am a perfectionist. But when life gets in the way, things become imperfect. Rather than let my expectations get in the way, I go forward with great hope. So here is my perfectly imperfect purse/kindle holder for a certain someone that I made yesterday. All of the items were free to me. I made this with scraps left over from decorating my daughters room in 2006 (when pink and brown were HOT), a button from a sweater that got tossed, and ribbon from a present. Even the velcro was from the packaging that held the blanket together that I bought for my stockings. This is truly a free item.
This little diddy has character and I am sure will be appreciated by the recipient and I had fun making it. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to just try. Life isn't perfect and your creations aren't either. None of my lines are straight, it's a little too big, I should have ran the strips vertical instead of horizontal, but it is still beautiful...and made with love, the most important thing.
This little diddy has character and I am sure will be appreciated by the recipient and I had fun making it. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to just try. Life isn't perfect and your creations aren't either. None of my lines are straight, it's a little too big, I should have ran the strips vertical instead of horizontal, but it is still beautiful...and made with love, the most important thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very clever and cute!
You have a gift, my friend.
I've decided I'm going to write an article on repurposing and will have to talk to you more after the holidays.
Post a Comment