Yes, you too (if you have sewing skills), can make a skirt out of a dust ruffle. I picked up this queen size dust ruffle last year and was going to make a drapery panel out of it. It had other plans and made it into a 3 tiered skirt for Madeline. It's a deep red taffeta that has millions of tiny pleats. Goodwill has the best stuff sometimes and I got this for $4.99. Not only did I get this skirt out of it, but also one for her sister. It didn't take very long because it was already prepleated. I used a very wide grossgrain ribbon for the waist band and one button. Yep...less than $5 for 2 skirts and it took about 2 hours with the hand sewing of the ribbon and button holes. Hope this inspires you to repurpose and "upcycle" something soon.

2 comments:
Again, your talent and creativity amaze me! Love ya Emily!
What a great idea. I never would have thought to repurpose a dust ruffle that way.
Post a Comment