I have posted 300 times since Feb 27th, 2008. I can hardly believe it! Blame it all on Stacey Wolfe. She was the one that got me to blog in the first place. Now I can't stop! My posts of late have not been as "meaty" as most but rather filled with practical and creative things. I am in an emotionally good place right now and don't need to download at the moment. This is a good thing.
Looking back at all that has been done is quite sad, comical, fascinating, exhausting....you take your pick.
1. We have lived in 5 different homes during this time
2. I've planted 3 gardens
3. Celebrated 3 birthdays
4. Had 3 Christmas parties at my home
5. Dealt with several species of wild animals
6. Read dozens of books
7. Picked hundreds of pounds of produce
8. Driven thousands of miles to and from various practices
9. Driven 3 different vehicles
10. Started college again
11. Applied for a danceteam coaching position twice
12. Walked hundreds of miles
13. Kicked my husband out of the house for a month
14. Enrolled kids in 3 different school districts
15. Lived on food storage and the generosity of others
16. Experienced farm life for the first time
17. Raised Chickens
18. Had two litters of kittens and some strays too
19. Saw my husband's business fail
20. Said goodbye to McMansion
21. Talked about boobs and sex
22. Learned to love my body and finally feel pretty for the first time
23. Lived on nothing and saw God provide
24. Watched my kids grow
25. Watched myself grow
All in all, I am very grateful for the opportunity that blogging gives me to remember how much I have learned and the strides that I am making everyday to become a better person. I am most grateful for the friendships that I have formed through blogging and the ability to stay connected to all my friends and family. If you lived my life, you would understand that I cannot keep up with everyone that I have met just in the last 3 years alone! How many of you out there have had the opportunity to move over 35 times in your life? I have and that is why I blog...to stay connected. Because really, all that matters ia our relationships...with ourselves, our friends, and our loved ones. Know that all of you are important to me and I hope that you have laughed, cried, related, to something I have said. Hopefully those who I may have offended will get over it. So here's to another 300 posts! May the next 3 years give me an opportunity to rest for a season and hopefully have some inspiring moments as well! Happy blog day everyone!
1 comment:
Wow! That which does not kill us makes us stronger!
Post a Comment