All that is required is sewing the bottom closed, two seams up the side in which the arms get cut off and a straight line accross the top closing off the neck opening. Then unbutton your sweater and stick your pillow form in. Next, just rebutton and hand stitch closed if you like, or not. Don't you worry, I made the arms into those arm warmer thingys with thumb holes and the rest is bound for batting under pot holders. Yep...I've got a repurposing disease! Now go crazy people cuz for ultra cute pillows, you are talking an easy 25 to 40 dollar lay down. Now, I am going to expand my horizons and start looking for that gawdy sequined shirt that would look fabulous on my daughters bed....
Monday, December 20, 2010
It's Not A Pillow Pet
If you have glanced at a Nordstrom catalog lately, inside it's uber glitzy pages is a picture of a really cool pillow. It has buttons the size of quarters down the middle and is cotton cable knitted. Well, because the previous owner of our home was rich enough to get said store to deliver every catalog from the uppity establishment, I plan to take full advantage and figure out what is currently hip. So I went to Goodwill and got a great little sweater in the perfect shade of blue for $2.99. It is wool and I liked it's understated design. So here is my pillow with it's unassuming buttons. You could go really funky with this. How about Christmas pillow covers made out of all those gaudy sweaters?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's better than a pillow pet. I can't believe people pay $20 for those things. Crazy.
Post a Comment