Beaverton Bakery is an icon of Portland area. It's old building has graced the downtown of Beaverton for many years. My mouth is salivating just thinking about the moist airy cake underneath the light whipped cream "frosting". My beloved husband knows of my obsession with Beaverton Bakery. After we moved from Oregon to Utah, he surprised me with a Beaverton Bakery Banana Cake for my Birthday. Now he really couldn't ship a cake there, bless his take charge attitude about everything, so he called Beaverton Bakery and got the recipe! How ingenious right?
Well this year I got the real deal! It didn't mean as much as his homemade version, but it tasted awesome. I can almost taste the cake melting in my mouth (oh yeah...I just ate some for lunch..LOL!) There are a very few "sweet" things that bring such fond memories as this Banana cake. If my memory serves me, I had it for my 28th birthday, Our wedding cake, my 32nd birthday and now my 35th. It is still as special to me now as the first time I ate it...
Cake is great!
4 comments:
Yum! I remember Patrick's version of that cake.. Maybe I should make some banana cupcakes with whipped cream frosting... That would be good. And, it wouldn't take much to talk my hubby into moving there...We really could start a bakery! We can always dream, right?
The thought of Beaverton Bakery makes me homesick! I hope that you don't mind that I snooped your blog via my sis-in-law's. (Melissa). I can relate to a couple of your stories, and I am inspired by the rest...we also made a move to the country (north Idaho) a few years ago, from suburban Beaverton. It was an adjustment, but we love it in the middle of nowhere, too. :)
...yes, Josh is my brother, and hilarious - we have stories we could tell on each other. How did he land an awesome girl like Melissa? Must be his sense of humor that attracted her... and yes I would like to see her post some pics of the 'boating incident'?
Loralee :)
It was Hannah Banana's first birthday cake too.
Post a Comment