Monday, September 8, 2008

The House...in Utah









Well girls, we have a buyer for our house in Utah. They are negotiating with the bank as we speak. After having it on the market for a year and a half...a horrible real estate market...we could possibly have it gone in weeks. I am waxing nostalgic today. This house was not my dream house but I really did make it my own. It looks sparse in the pictures, but that is what a "staged" home is supposed to look like. Those gorgeous cabinets on either side of the fireplace...I designed. You can't tell but the wood is hand distressed and the glass is bubbled. It is a thing to behold in person. The rock wall...my demand. Brighten's bright room...hand linen finish, custom cabinets and wainscoting. Madeline's chandelier. The stove, oh I miss that stove. I miss how well it cooked. We had a 200 person reception in that house if memory serves me right. The fireplace I made them put in my master...the bathtub...I have no bathtub...cruel and unusual punishment. Stacey, I'm comin' over this week to take a bath! I don't care if its 85 degrees. That sink vanity in Gayle's apartment. It was such a find and I think it looks lovely with a sink in it. I'm kinda sad...but maybe you can all remember it with me...

1 comment:

Très Sucré said...

Love that house! But I'm glad you guys are finally able to sell it! Good luck!