So November is national novel writing month...Afton has probably done this before, but there is a site where you are supposed to write a novel in a month. It has to be 50,000 words(175 pages). It's designed to get the creativity going. nanowrimo.org is the website that explains all the rules and regulations. My kids are doing this at school too...anybody want to jump on the bandwagon with me? I've got a few great ideas and I am sure you do to...come on, everyone, who's with me on this one?
6 comments:
I wish I had some great ideas...but no. Maybe a cookbook???
I did do this last year and it was very fulfilling and very exciting and I haven't touched my manuscript since! I was going to use november to edit. But I'm kind of sad to think that I might miss out this year on all the fun. It was so much fun. I have a great book written by Chris Baty that goes along with Nanowrimo. I read it right before I started and it was so helpful to keep me encouraged. You are welcome to borrow it.
I would love to borrow it! Thanks.
As if I have time to sit around and write. Ha, ha, ha! You're funny!!!!
I got my 50,000 words written in probably 2-4 hours a day. I would do a few hours in the morning and a few after the kids went to bed. No biggie. I took Sunday off too.
That's what I was thinking...my husband is always working after the kids go to bed...just listen to Pandora.com and write for a solid 2 to 3 hours at night and an hour during the day. I think its possible...if I really want it bad enough.
Post a Comment