Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anderson's First Day of Kindergarten!


"We just sat alot and didn't get to play that much" and "you have to wash your hands and be quiet while your friends go to the bathroom." This was the extent of the first day for him. I just had to laugh at his hair this morning. He is such a wacky kid! He had a lackluster day. I, on the other hand, had to deal with the "Transportation Department" telling me they can't pick up my kid. Well according to Hillsboro School District he qualifies for the bus but "that bus" can't come up there. Whatever! Well I gave them a piece of my mind. I am not wasting gas to get my kid because of their error. 5 years ago I would have taken it but not anymore. Yet another lovely side effect of being a single parent for a time and getting great therapy and of course an awesome "red" husband. Now he is switched into afternoon Kindergarten, which was too full, again, not my problem. And his bus will arrive 3 minutes after the drop off bus...what the HELL! (not a swear word in my house) What if I really couldn't afford the gas, or I had no car? Humm? Just because they think that I can afford it, or that I live in a nice area? The secretary asked why I couldn't just pick him up...OK I lied and said that I only had one car. I didn't want to fight, but I wanted fairness damn it! (Not a swear word in my house either!) I got my way. Anderson wants to ride the bus and I want to stay at home and not pollute the air and drag my two year old around for 30 minutes of wasted time. Enough ranting...I'm done now.

2 comments:

Très Sucré said...

Kindergarten is so fun. Can you believe they are there already? I swear they were just babies?????!

Afton said...

I had fun dealing with the transportation dept. last year when they said Jonah could NOT ride the bus because he didn't live in the transportation zone, but that Ethan could ride the bus because he DID live in the transportation zone.

Huh? I have a feeling we will have the same issues this year because already there are too many kids riding the bus. They had to leave 2 of them at school yesterday because they didn't fit.

Good job getting them to do what they are supposed to do.

By the way...I was under the impression that you lived really, really far away in Sherwood. Now it seems like you might be closer. Hillsboro school district, huh?