Saturday, April 4, 2009
MoonHawke
It's for real...we are going to move. The check has been sent. The application is approved. I even drove up to the house today to plant the first crop in the garden. In Oregon, you can plant alot of stuff in early spring because it doesn't snow in April! Sorry Utah...This home is unique. The gardens are all organic. Not a drip of Round-Up is used. Blueberries, apple trees, pear, plum, kiwi, grape vines and a perennial herb garden are all well established. There is a ton of art in the yard varying from a Japanese lady to dragons and toadstools. Rose vines, arbors, clematis...its going to be gorgeous in a couple of minutes! You have a perfect view of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Baker?...anyway, lots of white peaks. It's less than half of the rent we are paying now, has a small red barn, an outhouse, and metaphysical symbols hanging on the siding. It is the quintessential hippie house. The kids seemed to enjoy the tromp through the woods today and Patrick found an old cabin and some forts in the sticks. I planted my Broccoli Raab, Organic Red Potatoes, Spinach, and Peas. The soil was amazing. Every spade full was loaded with worms and it was extremely workable. I am in love already. It needs a good weeding and cleaning. The green carpet seems to be my lot in life, but besides that, I think I will be mighty happy here. Christian is the only one that is a bit disappointed. He really loved Wilsonville, but we are supposed to be in Sherwood. The house was given a name by the owners and it even has a round painting depicting MoonHawke, it's name. I fully admit that I am a moderate Liberal so I think I will fit right in. It is just awesome that these people love their land so much. The fire pit will get a ton of use this summer and fall. These things just don't exist in Suburbia. And I for one, wouldn't trade them for the common floor plan and sidewalks. There is something about being surrounded in nature that just makes me happier than a kid in a candy store. I will miss this slice of Heaven that we live in now, but I get a view, more money and peace...can you put a price on that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds wonderful, especially the garden part and a kiwi tree. My husband would die for a kiwi tree. Anyway, can't wait to see pictures.
How fun to have so many established fruit trees! I had no idea kivi trees would grow here. I'm sad to see you move but it sounds like an awesome place--minus a few signs :)
I'm glad you get to keep your chickens and especially that you got your seeds in the ground.
Post a Comment