I have been sick. Sick like oh my Gosh sick! Bronchitis knocked me out at the beginning of the month. Then lethargy/fatigue set in. Wrestling with the fact I had to pack and sleep for 12+ hours a day was not an easy task. Maybe 3 days this whole month, I actually exercised. Kinda hard to exercise when you can't catch your breath, or you want to take a nap 3 minutes into it. So yes, this month has been a flop. But I got through life pretty much without skipping a beat. Still cooking from scratch 5 or 6 times a week etc... But then the Piggy flu hit. Now it's probably not the swine flu that the whole world is in hysterics about, but it is the flu none the less. Madeline had it for one day, Patrick got it for two. Christian had an upset stomach, and then it landed in my lap with a vengeance. Normally, it would probably be just a 24 hour bug but because of my compromised immunity, my body is still in disarray 4 days into it. Food is staying down or in. Bright spot is I have lost a TON of weight. Like I weigh as much as I did before I got pregnant with my little butter ball. So I've lost 40 lbs so far with about 40 more to go. Honestly don't know if I can actually lose that much. That would put me just under what I weighed when I got married to Kevin, before 5 kids, so I am not getting my hopes too high, but a girl has got to shoot for the stars sometimes!
So back to being sick, still sick and crampy but it. Food tastes disgusting to me still. Now Evan has it. So this means copious amounts of laundry and diapers. Hopefully he will have the 24 hour variety and not this crap I have. After waking up this morning to the Swine Flu reports, I am grateful for my compromised immunity. Maybe this will protect me from the latest hysteria to hit the news. So the bronchitis is gone, the fatigue is still alive and well and NO! I am not pregnant! But according to my own mother-in-law "witch doctor" I have adrenal exhaustion and a congested liver oh and something akin to an irritated pancreas. These things are all caused by stress...hmmmmm...you think?!!!!!! What could be more stressful than moving, illness, job loss, financial stress, death in the family last month, travel, having a garage sale, etc... No it couldn't be stress related could it?! Have a great Monday, and no, I am not wearing a painters mask and I am not duct taping my windows shut or building a bomb shelter. Call me crazy, but death sounds relaxing right now!!! JK!
1 comment:
Oh, I am so sorry! I was sick for four days in a row once and I lost like 7 lbs. I hope that you are able to get over it soon!
Post a Comment