This was was written in my Great Grandmother's journal and I just wanted to share. I don't know if it's hers or just a copy of something, but I thought the words were profound.
There are 2 golden days on which I do not worry, 2 carefree days, kept sacredly free from fear and apprehension. One of these days is yesterday. Yesterday with it's faults, its mistakes and blunders has passed forever from my recall. I cannot undo an act that I wrought. I cannot unsay a word that I have said. All that it holds of my life of wrong, regret, and sorrow is in the hands of the Mighty.
Love that can bring honey out of the rocks, and sweet water out of the bitterest desert, the love that can turn weeping into laughter, that can give beauty for the ashes, the garment of praise for the Spirit of heaviness, joy of the morning or the woe of the night.
Save for the beautiful memories, sweet and tender that linger like the perfume of roses in the heat of the day that is gone, I have nothing to do with yesterday. It WAS mine. it IS God's.
The other day is tomorrow. It is God's. It's sun will rise in roseate splendor or behind a mask of weeping clouds. But it will rise. Tomorrow is God's day. It will be mine.
There is left but one day for me. Today. Anyone can take care of just one day. It isn't the experience of today that drives men mad. It is the burden of yesterdays, and tomorrows. Remove the happenings of yesterday and the dread of tomorrows. These are God's days. Leave them with him. Therefore, we should journey but one day at a time. It is the easiest way.
No comments:
Post a Comment