
I just did something that I have NEVER EVER done before. I mean NEVER! Now most of my friends have easily accomplished this, but for me, it's like climbing Everest. Really. I am totally serious. Some of you out there could probably do this when you were sick with pneumonia and have a couple kids strapped to you, but me, not so much. For an overweight asthmatic who got out of PE for years, I just did the impossible.....I RAN for 30 minutes without stopping, without walking, without catching my breath, without getting a drink. I know right? Most of you can do this, but your not me and this is a pretty big deal. The most I have done is 15 minutes at a time and it's usually downhill. So I know it might not be much to you, but to me, it's like crossing an impossible threshold that I never thought I could cross. It might have something to do with the fact that I have lost almost 40lbs this year (very slowly) or it could be that my lungs are no longer inflamed because I don't eat gluten anymore. But I am just over the moon!! There is nothing like accomplishing the impossible to get you revved up for bigger and better things. I am not saying that I will ever run a marathon, because that just doesn't sound fun to me, but I could see a 5K in my future. More importantly, it shows me that some things are not impossible....
6 comments:
This post just makes me smile!! I am so, so happy for you!!! I love you Emily for how real you are! You share the good and the bad. I am sorry for your rough day the other day. I am glad to see you are having better ones. Congrats on the running! Thanks for being you. I miss you! I miss your meals. :-)
If you ever want to run a 5K with an old lady like me, I'd be happy to run with you...and I run slow! I'm thinking of doing a 5K walk/run in April....want to join me????
I ran my first one the year I turned 55!
I just ran 2 miles in a row this morning without stopping. That was almost 30 minutes. and it was on a perfectly flat indoor track. I can't imagine running more than that, but maybe one day I will run 3 miles in a row with out stopping.
Way to go. I totally understand what a hard thing this is and I'm not even asthmatic or intolerant to gluten.
I'm so proud of you! That's wonderful. Ü
Thanks ladies! Kelly, I miss our dinner group. I really need it right now with 12 credits and life. Maybe I can get good enough to go on a morning jog with you someday when your sick and slow?! JK? Marilyn, school is over for me in April so I don't think I could do April, but I would love to do a 5k with you after that. I am slow...but slow and steady wins the race right? Afton, it was flat and on a treadmill. I think that is the key with me, because I wont speed up and get fatigued. It forces me to keep a steady pace. Thanks Erika!
I am a non-runner so this sounds like a huge accomplishment to me.
Post a Comment