Sunday, January 9, 2011

We Got To Pray!


Well...our family is far from normal.  And guess what, I totally like it that way.  I wanted to share a glimpse of my crazy kids and the joy that they bring into my life.  We pray as a family every night and even the youngest gets a turn.  So how to you get kids excited about reading scriptures and praying?  Well this is what we do.  It might seem a little crazy to some but this is just a normal crazy at my house...complete with the pile of snow clothes from Patrick and Christian who just returned from a Boy Scout trip to Mt. Hood.

The link is here

Brighten, the modern dancer.  Madeline, too cool to dance in front of the camera now.  Christian, just plain goofy...I mean he's got guts to "pretend" to break dance.  Anderson, he's the one you can't keep track of because he is so fast and evidently a little bit of a voyeur.  Then Evan rounds out the group...he is the rocker.

1 comment:

Afton said...

Nice! I'm not sure this would work in our family, but I could try it. Right now I just pull out the scriptures and start to read while everyone is still eating dinner. That way they have incentive to sit. Once they finish up, then they get to read a verse or two. Also, we do nightly family prayer at dinner too just before we pray on the food. We got to eat, so that is the way that I make sure it gets done.