Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Dad


(Yes this is me as a newborn...mom is 21, dad is 22).
I'm a daddy's girl.  Plain and simple.  My father, with all of his flaws, still can make me melt into a puddle.  My dad sat next to me at my husbands concert last night.  He put his big strong arm around me and gave me a squeeze.  I cuddled right into him...he's my Daddy.  I never feel safer than I do in that moment.  Never.   Their is something special about the relationship between a father and a daughter.  He holds the moon no matter what.  He still calls me his "Little Girl", never Emily.   Our relationship is far from ideal, and we never spend much time together, but in just one moment, my gruff father can show me he loves me without words...and it's enough to last for years....

1 comment:

Jadie said...

Dang--I wish that I had found you last night (I was there) so that I could have met your dad!