Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deep Thoughts

My next book will be this...http://thoreau.eserver.org/walden00.html  I feel like this past two years can be likened to this experience.  It has caused deep introspection and a letting go, a cleansing.  God has his hand in this no matter how much it has pained me, I have learned.  So now that I am about to enter the land of suburbia again, I will look at things a little differently.  Playdates, friends over, neighbors, sidewalks, and somehow trying to keep the vauable lesson that the Jones spray paint their lawn and I don't have to keep up with them will be my reality.  As my son explored his new room last night, I was reminded of all the many things my children have learned from living out in the country.  The most vital thing is an imagination.  Anderson and Evan don't have just a regular room...it is the imagination room as my little monkey so aptly named it.  The sky and sunset, the chalk board and the road way the mountain and fort...it will be his inside playground.  Would he have been this imaginative if it weren't for exploring in the woods or picking apples?  In my humble opinion, NO.

Not only am I determined to learn from this experience, but take from it the things that I enjoyed the most.  My backyard will be transformed into a garden (with a chicken coop  shhh...I am not giving up my chickens so bring it HOA!  It's legal for the city!)  and I will slow my life down more...walking instead of driving, cooking instead of consuming, being still instead of cramming too much into my life.  The peace that descends upon me as I drive through the quiet country to my home, can be achieved in my own home. I don't have to have a 15 minute commute to calm me down.  And this one thing, is the thing I hope I will always remember as I begin another journey.

15 days and counting...

1 comment:

Jadie said...

can't wait to read abt. that lusty chanticleer. Now i'm gonna go look up "chanticleer"

beautiful post, tho, as per usual!