Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brrrrrr......

Oregon, did you turn into Idaho this year?  What is with your single digit degrees this week?  Ok, so to make it all even more unbearable, the propane tank was empty Friday night.  No worries.  I laughed.  It's only money right?  268 bucks for 2 weeks of warmth...a price to pay for living out in the country?!  But when Monday rolled around and the propane gods said they couldn't come until Friday, Momma got a little pissed.  Dealing with the cold wasn't so bad because we did have a wood stove that heat the kitchen up somewhat and those little ceramic heaters do a good job heating up the bedrooms upstairs.  Hot water, was a little to hard to come by.  Just when I thought I was finished with my canner, I had to drag it out to boil some water.  My kids can go for days without showers, but Mom and Dad, it's every other day at the very least.  On Tuesday they informed us that they could come give us 125 gallons to get us through the next 3 weeks.  That's right folks, 3 weeks and we will be living down in the valley!!!!  Meanwhile, the chickens are in a makeshift coop in the garage so they wont freeze and that dang rooster got me up at 4:30 this morning (the garage is right underneath our room).  But despite all this frigidness, I am in high spirits.
1. Sold the piano so we can pay for the move, bankruptcy, Christmas, and winter gear for everyone.
2. The Eurovan is back and only cost 500 to fix.  The transmission wasn't going out, it was just a gasket.  Evidently there has to be fluid in it to run properly...YOU THINK?!  That other mechanic was a nut case.
3. Patrick got his promotion last week.  Which means a pay raise and a company car and gas card! Yippee!
4. I am turning in my application for admittance to BYU-I online degree program (not independent study...)
5. I have bought paint for 4 rooms and have already started using the rollers ( haven't touched a paint roller in almost 3 years)!
6. It is so clear and sunny here that you can see Mt. Bachelor!  Really!  
7. We might have this place rented, so we can leave with a light and grateful heart.
Other stuff is happening that is good too, but some of it, I can't really talk about, because it's not mine to share, but needless to say, December is turning out to be a very good month.

Keep warm everyone!

1 comment:

Jadie said...

huge congrats to patrick!!