So what I have come to discover is work within your limitations. I get this one! I always have energy at night and during the day, so I have started prepping lunch items for my children so that they can put their own lunches together and life still runs smoothly. Another little trick, is to prepare that smoothie at night. I love my Blueberry Smoothie with spinach. It makes me feel good just drinking it. But in the morning, I reach for the thing that requires the least amount of energy...and it never gets made. So put all the ingredients in the blender and stick it in the fridge before you go to bed...how novel is that?! It actually worked and the blueberries were still half frozen, the way I like and most of the mess was already put away from last night...

Now for the really doozy....I am getting myself out of bed at 4:45am to go to the gym, while I still can(since we are moving). I didn't do much of anything last week except complain that I had no time to go to the gym. So I did it. I got up after an agonizing night of insomnia and went to the gym with the diehards in the morning. I get back in time to make sure the kids are up and getting ready for school and enjoy my day.
Next, insomnia....I have been struggling with this since January. I just can't sleep at night. My brain is going 100 miles and hour and I can't shut it off. No...I don't drink any caffeine, or take any medication that would keep me awake. Being a light sleeper also is effecting my sleep patterns too. Everytime a mouse trap goes off ( they go off almost nightly....ewww but we live in the country, what do you do?), my husband snores, or one of the kids moves upstairs, I can hear it. When Patrick is gone, I just crank up the Enya and off to sleep I go...but when he is sleeping right beside me, I think I will have to start using my ipod...I need sleep. I know why I am not sleeping...stress...but I am learning to let things go and it still isn't helping. What I really need is a good hot bath and a book, but since that is not an option for the next 1 1/2 months, I must find some other trick to get my self to sleep....
If anyone has any other novel ideas to make mornings easier for me...feel free to comment. I obviously need it!
5 comments:
Oh how I wish that I knew the answer to your question. I absolutely hate mornings, but with kids in school I guess I need to learn how to do it. I started reading my scriptures in the morning and it helps me to not be cranky. So far, so good. As for the insomnia, no help there, I was up until 4 last night thanks to it! Hopefully your stress will lessen real soon.
Where are you moving???
Emily, this is Jody Walunas from Wilsonville, and I spent way too much time catching up on you and your darling family reading your blog! It was great, and I miss your sweet family. You were such a breath of fresh air to our Ward. I see that you are moving, anywhere closer? I am so proud of you and all the hard work you are putting forth to get yourself fit and healthy!!! I appauld you as it is no easy adventure. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the outdoors with the kids. Hugs
Thanks Jody...I am my own duck! We actually found a place in Sherwood, so we will be much closer...in Cedar Creek Ward. I slacked really bad the last two weeks, what with the funeral and massive stress, but next week will be the start of yet another adventure as I prepare to move on May 1st and get Brighten ready for her baptism...
Hi - you don't know me but I am Josh Merritt's sister. . .
The Blueberry and spinach smoothie-yum! Do you put anything else in it? I would love to have the recipe for this delectable, healthy drink-food. Yummy! My email is favsis5bros@yahoo.com.
:~D
Post a Comment