
20 years ago...1988 I had just moved back to LakeOswego. I was a sophmore in high school and taking Latin and in Danceteam.

17 years ago...1991 Just started College at Ricks (BYU-Idaho)


And no...I didn't date the whole time I was at college....Ricks had a 4 girls to 1 guy(who usually was under 20) ratio...I was being saved for something better!
15 years ago...1993 I had just graduated from Ricks and was living with friends in Tualatin. I was attending PSU majoring in Dance and coaching Lakeridge High Danceteam.

13 years ago...1995 I was on my Mission in St. George, Utah!!

10 years ago...1998 I was pregnant with Christian and dealing with Madeline, who was 10 months old and had horrible reflux and ear infections. We put her in a real bed because she kept getting stuck in the rungs! Kevin was applying to Universities to get his masters and he just completed his GRE's. Intel stock was lucrative and I lived in Hillsboro Ward. Stacey and I just became friends.

7 years ago...2001 I was a single parent and had 3 children 3 and under. My dear friends "surprised" me with an impromtu television spot on AM Northwest because they thought I rocked! I got a free massage out of the deal and a bond with friends that can never be broken!

6years ago...2002 I was a newlywed. Patrick and I were preparing to move our family to Alaska. Patrick spent 2 months there alone while I sold my home and waited to move into our new one in Eagle River.



3 years ago...2006 we were living in South Jordan, Utah and had Gayle living with us. I had just had Evan and we got Wilson two weeks after.

Baby Evan, 2 weeks old and Wilson 8 weeks old!
1year ago...2007 I was living in a hotel and had just lost a butt load of money on a house we were supposed to buy in Sherwood. We moved into a large rental home in the Stafford area and it was like coming home for me. I knew so many people from LakeOswego.
The sherwood house...This year, Patrick started his own business. We rented a farm and increased our family with chickens, goats, cats, and a dog. I have learned how to can lots of things. I grew a huge garden. We moved to Hillsboro and now reside in Dairy Creek ward.

Yesterday, the whole family cleaned out the Tahoe. I found all the missing socks! I worked on several documents for YW, wrote a few pages in my novel, went out with my Husband to Costco and Noodles&Co and dropped off a gift for Nina's twins.
Today, I was sustained as the YW 2nd Counselor. I scrubbed the entry, where Wilson has been living. I cleaned the laundry room and put Wilson in there. The little kids got pecked by the rooster and Patrick was outside using it as target practice! We had chicken for dinner. Evan is snuggling in my arms as we speak. We played Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.
Tomorrow, I will attend a Presidency meeting, make my Christmas list, write more pages in my novel and thank my Father in Heaven for all my blessings!
3 comments:
Eagle River was my first area on my mission. I only ever saw it under 10 feet of snow though. I was transferred out before break up.
So nice to get to know you better! You amaze me.
I love reading your entries, Em. You are so real and so delightful. I'm glad to know you and I love you. This was a great brief sweep over your life! SueMom
Post a Comment