
10. Going to Joann Fabrics and spending other peoples money.
9. Getting to design a Wedding Cake with no creative restrictions and its not even my wedding.
8. Spending Quality time with my StepMom.
7. Eating lunch at a restaurant that cannot be found in Utah and having a total Tongue-asm!!
6. Having to wear a belt because all my jeans are getting too big.
5. Rediscovering the Flat Iron and it made my hair look fabulous.
4. Waking up at 2:30am and then being able to go right back to sleep.
3. Finding something on Clearance at Target, that I have been trying to find for a year (2 4x6 rugs that will look perfect in my living room) and spending next to nothing for them.
2. Exercising my butt off (literally, my butt is looking fabulous!) this morning and not feeling winded, but energized!
1. I found a killer pair of boots that I have been searching high and low for. I always laughed at the women at church who wore knee high boots to church with a short skirt. I referred to the look as Hoochy Momma...well I found a great pair of dark brown Hoochy boots, I am not too proud to admit, that they look amazing on me!
4 comments:
I used to do the exact same thing to girls at church who would wear black boots with a short skirt, but now I wear them too!! Except my skirts aren't too short and aren't too tight. I really wonder about some of the stuff women wear to church--mostly the tight stuff, or the short skirts on the temple-goers and you wonder where in the heck they're hiding their under garments because their skirt is so short. Sorry, I just totally went off what I meant to say. Anyway, I love your list of things you're thankful for. It sounds like I need to start doing the workout you've been doing and get this big fanny into shape!!
Hi Emmy - It sounds like you had a fun day in Oregon while I'm here in Utah MISSING you. I'm so glad. I hope you know how proud I am of you ... you're so wise, insightful, frugal, hard working, fun, romantic, passionate, proactive, talented, true, honest, blunt even (when I need it), supportive, surprising (in a good way), :0) articulate, a great writer, an awesome mom, an amazing sweetheart, lover, friend and saint ... not to mention, gourmet cook. You know I love you, right? I enjoyed reading your BLOG tonight. Thanks ... for everything, babe. Love you ... ALWAYS! Me
I call them swanky boots and I've been on the lookout for years. Haven't been able to find the right pair that didn't cost $300. One day I'll be able to pay $300 for shoes, but that day is NOT today.
Also, you can't just claim tongue-gasm and NOT say what restaurant it was. Hello! Details!
I had a divine piece of chicken, that melted in my mouth...oh so juicy and you just can't get chicken prepared correctly, with a wild mushroom sauce and a potato onion gratin with a side of swiss chard at Papa Haydn's in Sellwood. Coral, my stepmom, had the wild boar ragu with orrchetta and butternut squash, it was amazing! I neglected to get desert, but just staring at them was statisfying! I liked the atmosphere better here than the one on 23rd.
Post a Comment