Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Take a Picture...It Lasts Longer!

A Woman's work is never done. It never is done! The laundry calls you daily. The dishes, the dirt on the floor, the hungry mouths beckon. My father commented that he could live in the kitchen when he is around my family. Not only do you have to prepare 3 meals, but then the snacks before lunch, before dinner and then after dinner, everyone is always hungry. Stacey knows that my housekeeping skills are not the best on the planet, but I definitely can make a house sparkle if motivated. The baseboards, the door frames and cabinet fronts get washed down regularly. You can let small children roam without encountering something life threatening. I will admit that I loved having someone come in weekly and clean. If I ever have money again, that will be one of my guilty pleasures. I would give up pedicures or new clothes or going out to eat to have someone else mop my floor and scrub my bathrooms. It's not that is is hard or that I can't do it, it just never gets done all at the same time. I don't have an 8 hour block to just clean. I am feeding and doing laundry and driving and doing my calling and everything else that life consists of. So to have my entire house spotless all at once, it is just such an amazing thing! It only lasts a few hours at most, until the children swoop in from school and destroy the splendor....

So, in my desperation, am including pictures of my clean house because a picture lasts longer! And it shows me that something I do, does get done...it just doesn't stay that way!!


The floor is still wet from mopping!


Master Bedroom



Very clean kitchen! I love Stainless Steel counters by the way...very easy to maintain.


The very clean dining room that we eat at nightly. The chair in the corner is the only place I get phone reception and that is where I spend most of my time on the computer! The light is fabulous too...Look at the sun shining in...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Taking a picture...what a great idea. I don't know how many times I look around the dirty house in exasperation and think, "how did this happen? I swear it was clean last night!"

Anonymous said...

I experienced a similar problem. When I bought my iPhone, I first checked with “Got Reception?” (Gotreception.com) It’s a great resource for finding out where reception problems are most likely to occur BEFORE you lock yourself with a specific carrier.

Très Sucré said...

I was listening to DVRed General Conference yesterday as I was claning my house. Pres Monson was giving his talk about Finding Joy in the Journey. Just as I was scraping dried up cereal/milk off of the kitchen floor, and feeling really frustrated he said,
"If you have children who are grown and gone, in all likelihood you have occasionally felt pangs of loss and the recognition that you didn’t appreciate that time of life as much as you should have. Of course, there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future.
If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
Of course I started crying and made a renewed promise to myself. I DON'T NEED MY HOUSE TO BE SPOTLESS! I just need to enjoy my kids while they are little! BUt I think I will take a picture so I can atleast remember what it looks like clean. Great idea!

Laings on the go said...

Whohoo Emily. That house sparkles--all of it all at once. How did you manage with all you have one your plate. I clean one cupboard at a time.