Sunday, November 23, 2008
HomeTeachers are Coming!
Ah, another Sunday under my belt. Patrick got home very late last night,and I had been yelling at the kids all day to clean their rooms (a post coming with before and after pictures) so we didn't make it to the first hour of church because of shear exhaustion. We scuffled all the children to their respective classes and hurried to ours. I helped teach YW today about preparing for change...funny I know! I could write a book on the subject! When we got home, after devouring lunch (did anyone even eat breakfast?) the children went upstairs to play and finish their rooms and Patrick and I took a walk. We have discovered a new trick that might be helpful to you out there that have loud voices, go on a walk together when your angry....it's harder to yell when you are huffing it up a hill! Or if you are really pissed about something, try talking it out while you are jogging! It works! Not to mention, that endorphins are released and they help you feel better. Both of us were tuckered out by the end of our walk and took a nap (isn't that what Sunday is for?) while the kids were playing kickball in the house(literally! Anderson broke a wall sconce) and we slept right through it! And when we woke up, all of us were running around like chickens with our heads cut off ( and yes they actually can run without their heads!) trying to ready the house for the HomeTeachers. Now I mention this, because near the end of every month, the HomeTeachers call and you must drop everything, make your house presentable to virtual strangers, put on clothing...ultimately making the sabbath a day of work! Am I the only one out there that finds this phenomena just down right comical? So our Sunday is done, laundry mountain folded, dishes washed, Evan's hair got cut (another post too), and now at 11:00 I am going to go to sleep and begin the week from Living Hell people! It is going to be crazy this week! A wedding and a major holiday that involves me cooking and me decorating and me picking up flowers and arranging them, picking up a wedding cake and not destroying it in the process, and taking pictures of it all just so all my peeps can be happy. This week, I will be channeling every Martha Stewart cell in my body so don't be surprised if you can't get a hold of me. I'll be up to my elbows in branches and glitter with a little flour and blueberries and pumpkin thrown in for good measure! I am exhausted just thinking about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is exhausting just reading about it but it was likely just amazing. You are!
Post a Comment