
I finally saw it! I loved it! It oozed the feeling of an independent film. The extras were all real NW people and the locations were amazing! How could you not love a film set in the NW about love that is forbidden? The sensual nature of Bella was well portrayed. Sure, I get that Robert Patterson was not as handsome as the the Edward that Stephanie wrote, but who would have been a better choice? Bella's Dad reminded me so much of my own father and the actors they chose to portray the parts were really well done! Alice was amazing and so was Bella's high school friends. Rosalie should have been prettier but I liked the fact that she had some curve to her. Yes, it's not as profound as the book but all in all, I'd see it again and look forward to the next chapter....Makes me want to go up to Crown Point right now and dance under the stars! I know, I'm a cheese ball...sucker for a romantic story where true love wins in the end! And so cool that Edward dismembers the bad guy for his Bella!...Ok. I'll stop now...
5 comments:
I agree! I just love going to the movies and being entertained, and I feel like I was entertained well with this movie even though it wasn't everything the book was. I too look forward to the next movie!
I got a bit distracted when they jumped around the NW locations. I kept thinking...that's Vernonia and that's downtown Portland and they aren't anywhere close to each other. I had to tell myself to just go with it and not worry that I didn't buy the whole location thing.
When they were running off to play baseball and kept showing Multnomah Falls, then the baseball field, which was somewhere in WA, I kept thinking, are they in Oregon or Washington? I thought they were going to play baseball, but I guess they are at Multnomah Falls. Anyway, whatever. I just took it too literally. I guess I had a hard time because I recognized the locations.
That "dance studio" is down by Saturday Market, so my mind was not tricked into thinking "AZ."
I think Afton, that you are like me when I watch a high school dance team performance. I know too much to just sit back and watch it for it's entertainment value. I constantly pick apart the formations and dance moves and if the girls are together...in the end...I become a judge instead of a spectator. It really sucks the wind out of your sails. I just loved the green and didn't care about Oregon or Washington...just loved the shots of the Gorge all grey like it is normally.
My favorite scene was when they were up in the tree top. Stunning.
That was beautiful! I also liked the scenes in the woods when Edward showed Bella his skin. It is just so NW woods!
Post a Comment