Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break?

Not for me....I still have school.  I don't have any extra money...things are tight right now.  So what to do for spring break becomes a behemoth event instead of a mere mouse click away to Disneyland or where ever people go that have time and money.

This is what we are doing:

Monday: Cooking/Baking day.  I'm sure we will be eating brownies and cupcakes for days afterwards, thus lending itself to a great Spring Break right?

Tuesday: Friend day.  Everyone has playdates planned with friends on this day.  Mommy is spending time doing homework.

Wednesday: Fort making and Movie day.  Of course, this requires a little money for rentals, and it will be a huge mess, but in the end, it's fun and I am sure I'll be making copious amounts of carmel popcorn.

Thursday: Gardening day.  Yep.  Rain or shine we will be preparing our two gardening boxes, planting starts, and doing a little green house gardening with seeds.  My kids really like doing this and square foot gardening appeals to all my little engineers.  This costs a little but $30 worth of seeds for 2 years isn't too shabby.

Friday: Beach day, rain or shine.  This is just the cost of gas for us because my parents have a place in Long Beach that they let us use.  So we will be beating each other in games of PacMan at the arcade on the strip, or taking long walks on the shoreline.

Saturday:  Heading home, and cleaning up after our messy week at home. 

Somewhere between all this, I have to get my homework done.  It's only Friday and trust me, it's impossible to get anything done with all of them home!  I am so ready for school to get out this semester.  I already have a list of things that I want to do when April 8th finally rolls around! 

Any other ideas for free fun in rainy Oregon?

1 comment:

Afton said...

The library has movies for free, but you don't always get what you want unless you request ahead of time. I am going to do the 4T hike this summer when Robert is on Sabbatical. I don't think my little 7 year old's legs are ready for it: It's 4 miles of trail in Forest Park, Train, Trolly and Tram. The rec center has cheap swimming, not free, but just like $3 a kid. Geocaching or Letter Boxing can be fun. There are websites that list locations.