
...not really. I don't snore. Even if I am really tired. Which I have been lately, what is up? Is it the change in the weather? Maybe this lack of motivation is the result of not exercising for 3 weeks straight and the consumption of large amounts of snack food? Regardless of my energy level, I got alot done in the last week. Bought a 1993 Eurovan for $2500 cash, took the little boys to the pumpkin patch down the road, went to Costco, searched out supplies for a Super Saturday craft that I am in charge of, got everyone to their respective activities, fed everyone, attempted to get the laundry done, went to a Dave Ramsey event on Saturday that lasted 5 hours, went swing dancing, went to a movie with my Man...Julie and Julia. Sounds like alot of things, but the things that I didn't get done hound me like a starving dog at my ankles.
Today, I have to plan a soccer team party, research the cheapest place to get 4 cats fixed, find parts for Super Saturday craft, take kids to dance and football, make dinner, get boys signed up for basketball, go track down the owner of my girls dance studio and get her to hire me for a sub/teen teacher (I was recruited...begged), and that is just today. My list is 31 items long of things that are major that have to get done in the next few weeks. Some of these things are important like get my social security card replaced. I haven't had a valid drivers license for 1 1/2 years. Not only did my social security card get stolen so I have to get another one, but when we lived in Hillsboro, our address was DICK ROAD...not keeping that one on my license for 8-12 yrs!!! See what happens when you have ADD!! Everything that organized people get done with a simple phone call, gets pushed aside, piles up and then it overwhelms you to the point that you would rather sleep than get anything productive done. You decide to make crafts and watch TV rather than tackle that elephant. So I made a list in the boring Gospel Doctrine class in church yesterday instead of listening to the lesson. Sorry Brother So and So. I've been in your shoes and sometimes it's just boring. I think God will forgive me. At least I got something productive done while not being distracted with my life. Does anyone ever feel like this? Or am I the only crazy person.....
5 comments:
How was the movie? I'm overwhelmed with things to get done too.
If you like Julia Child or Meryl Streep, then this movie is for you. It's also about writing a blog. It's the kind of movie your husband will probably sleep through but I related to it so I enjoyed myself. And, it was $4 in Newberg so it was a cheap date.
Emily, I so love super saturdays. I really want to know what your ward will be doing. Ours this year is Nov 6 and I wasn't much into any of our crafts. You are so wonderful, beautiful, and courageous in all you get done in your life. Wish I had half the energy. Happy Halloween - Jody Walunas
Not the only crazy person... At Church on Sunday when I said that laziness is one of the reasons why people don't make it to the temple, I could have sworn that the whole room turned cold and everyone was thinking in their heads, "Laziness? What a strange and unusual concept..."!! Granted, I don't think you are in the least bit lazy, nor am I really, but I totally get the "I'm so overwhelmed I can't even start" feeling. Whenever I get that way I feel lazy, or crazy, or just somehow lacking in some sort of vital energy source that others seem to have in sufficient supply. Which of course makes me feel even less motivated--you might be familiar with the cycle. ;)
So, yay!--you got a new car! And, which dance studio will you be working with?
Jody, I am in charge of a clock project and we are doing growth charts, lots of vinyl projects, pillowcases, soaps, cards, and a scrapbook table. Jenn, I went in yesterday and she called back to tell me I needed a resume'. Part of me just says, be lazy. Do I really have the time to put together a resume? I thought they were desperate for a sub...I'm still toying with the idea. The cats are getting fixed today. I spent 4 hours sourcing clock parts around Portland yesterday and was up at 3:45 because I just have too much to think about. I never have a problem relaxing and I totally hear you about your comment in RS! Lets get real people! I for one am all about showing who I really am. If ever they do a lesson on how to have a good marriage, do you dare me to say "have lots of sex?"
Post a Comment