Monday, October 19, 2009
Mondays...
Extreme Makeover Home Addition is my guilty Monday pleasure. It starts my week off right by remembering how blessed I am. Crying my eyes out sounds like fun first thing Monday morning doesn't it? Well, it works for me. Right now I'm eating homemade Whole Wheat Oatmeal Crackers that are just yummy. Last night, my family couldn't decide what was better, the Carmel Apple Crisp or these crackers. This leads me to wonder when did we become so dependent on the supermarket shelves? My crackers didn't have anything in them I couldn't pronounce or chemically processed up the ying yang. I fully recoginize that it takes tons more time to make everything by scratch and some of you just don't have the time. (Literally took 20 minutes to mix and bake 2 pans of crackers...less time than it would have taken me to go to the store.) But I do have the time. So instead of instant oatmeal from the store, I made my own last night...24 bags of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Packets. And now I'm off to the pumpkin patch to buy real pumpkins and cook them so I can have frozen pumpkin puree in my freezer. You never know when a craving for Pumpkin Chocolate Chips cookies will strike and I have it on good authority that Safeway's supply of Pumpkin puree is going to be severly lacking this year due to some supply issue. So there you have it peeps. Fall is underway and the baker in me is coming out full swing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those crackers sound wonderful. I've never made crackers. I think it's time to give them a try!
Post a Comment